skip to Main Content
Back To Top
- Making Eye Health a Population Health Imperative: Vision for Tomorrow
This 2016 report from the National Academies of Science, Engineering and Medicine provides a comprehensive view of vision issues and vision research and lays out an agenda for making eye health more accessible to more people in the United States.
- NEI: 50 Years of Advances in Vision Research
This retrospective look, developed to mark the 50th anniversary of the National Eye Institute of the National Institutes of Health, chronicles the remarkable progress we have made in understanding vision and developing new therapies to address the most common eye diseases facing Americans.
- Vision Loss and Blindness Fact Sheet
This report from Research America offers statistics about the prevalence of vision loss as well as the economic impact on society.
- Research into Age-related Macular Degeneration
From the American Age-Related Macular Degeneration Foundation, provides an overview of research into the disease during the last five years, including current information on the best ways to treat this debilitating condition
- Eyesight Foundation of Alabama’s Annual Report on Vision
This report describes the organization’s goals, successful treatment stories, and collaborations with other vision departments at universities across the country.
- The Burden of Vision Loss
From the Centers for Disease Control, this study highlights the disproportionate effects of vision loss on people of color in the United States.
- National Alliance for Eye and Vision Research Congressional Testimony
This March 2020 testimony makes the case for increased funding to the National Institutes of Health and the National Eye Institute for the 2021 fiscal year.
- Congressional Testimony by the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
This June 2019 testimony argues for an increase in funding during the 2020 fiscal year to the National Institutes of Health and the National Eye Institute.
- Estimating Public and Patient Savings From Basic Research — A Study of Optical Coherence Tomography in Managing Antiangiogenic Therapy
This study calculates the savings to Medicare from the use of Optical Coherence Tomography to treat macular degeneration.
- Advances in Cataracts Research
From Research to Prevent Blindness, this report charts the progress we have made to treat cataracts, one of the most common of the serious eye diseases.
- 5 Things You Should Know About Diabetic Eye Disease
This infographic from the National Eye Institute provides several key facts about diabetic retinopathy and other diabetic eye diseases
- Glaucoma Fact Sheet
Research to Prevent Blindness, this provides basic information on the prevalence, costs, risk factors, and research advances related to glaucoma.